Karen grew up playing softball and also ran track and cross country in high school. In 2004 Karen stumbled into triathlon and became hooked. In 2016, Karen became seriously competitive in the sport and since then, has maintained a top 10 national ranking in her age group. She consistently places amongst the top finishers at races of every distance. She has qualified for the Ironman World Championships twice, Ironman 70.3 World Championships four times, and the Boston Marathon multiple times.
Her coaching career began in 1998 when she began teaching as a group fitness instructor. That’s when she discovered her love for helping people reach their individual fitness goals. She loved seeing her clients recognize their own personal power and inner strength.
She has a passion for helping young athletes which started when a traveling softball team asked her to help develop the team’s strength, agility, and speed programming. From there, she started coaching middle school cross country for FIT180 Athletics and Cuthbertson Middle School. Multiple state and nationally ranked runners sprouted under Karen’s tutelage.
In 2018, Karen received her certifications to coach through USA Triathlon and RRCA and has found that same passion for helping adults of all levels realize their potential and continue to reach new heights.
When she is not coaching or racing she spends her time with her family, raising twin daughters Morgan and Emily with her husband Chris of 23 years. The cornerstone of Karen’s success in her professional life and athletic life is in her desire to use her God-given gifts to the best of her ability.
- Completed eight full Ironman distance races
- 2nd place AG finish at Ironman California 2022 (14th female overall as well)
- 11th place AG finish at Ironman World Championships (Kona) 2017
- 4th female overall at Ironman Louisville October 2016 (2nd AG finish here as well)
- 2nd pace AG finish at Ironman Augusta 70.3 2022
- 7th place AG finish at Ironman World Championships 70.3 St George (2021)
- 1st place AG finish at Ironman Chattanooga 70.3 (2021 & 2019) (Top 10 female finish OA)
- 1st place AG finish at Ironman Steelhead 70.3 (2019)
- 2nd place AG finish at Ironman Los Cabo 70.3 (2018)
- 1st place AG finish at Ironman 70.3 Raleigh June 2017
Race, Triathlon & Lifestyle Training
Our mission is to inspire people to reach the greatness within them.
We believe that everyone can reach infinitely beyond what they dare to dream.